Prelude to Light
This is My Body
Given for you.
Arise, Shine for
thy Light has come.
This is My Blood
of the New Covenant, which is shed for many for the
remission of sin.
(See Matthew 26 verse 26 thru 28.)
The following scripture was written in the Letter to the Hebrews exhorting the Jewish converts too look fully to the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, Yeshua haMashiach, for their present sins of the flesh, and not to the old animal sacrifices in the mosaic covenant. (See the Blood of the Lamb.) The admonition is absolutely true for the gentile ecclesia/church.
Therefore brethren, having confidence to enter into the Holiest by the Blood of Jesus, by a new and living way, which He hath consecrated (dedicated or inaugurated) for us, through the veil, that is to say, His Flesh: and having a High Priest over the house of God; Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled (with His Blood) from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water (that both flowed from the side of the crucified Word of God.). (See all of Hebrews 10 verse 19 thru 25.)
Holy, Holy, Holy God Almighty, has established within the Eternal Word of His Son, Jesus/Yeshua, His New Blood Covenant with the necessary Life giving Provisions for His people of New Born Faith. The corruption of the flesh and blood of mankind does not inherit an entrance into the Kingdom of God, let alone an entrance into the Holy of Holies and into the Almighty's Presence. (See 1st Corinthians 15 verse 50.) That one Holy Entrance into the Holy of Holies is only gained by a confident Faith in Christ Jesus, our High Priest, for Jesus says: I AM the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man comes unto the Father, but by Me. Christ Jesus, being both the Son of Man and the Son of the Eternal God, is the only mediator between human kind and Holy Yahweh God Almighty. These scripture verses declare that the entrance into the Holiest is through the veil that is to say, His Flesh. Then Jesus said unto them: Truly, truly, I say unto you, Unless you eat the Flesh of the Son of Man, and drink His Blood you have no Life in you. (John 6 verse 53.) This is the Bread Bread that came down from Heaven; he that eats of this Bread shall live forever. (See John 6 verse 58.)
Now the entrance into the Holiest is made through the Communal Body of Christ that has been set apart in Baptism, and is now cleansed of their confessed faults of their flesh through the Holy Spirit's application of the sanctifying Blood of our Savior. Because of God's New Covenant, the baptized believer in the true faith of Christ has the confidence to enter into God's thrown room of Grace so that we may approach (draw near) to God in faith with a clean conscience, having the actions of our flesh washed clean in the Water of the Spirit that is of Christ Jesus. Now then, let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering, for He is faithful that promised. God will not only answer the hope of our Salvation in Christ Jesus, but will also answer our prayers and petitions that glorify the Name of our Salvation.
In the old covenant, the sacrificial blood of a designated clean animal was sprinkled on the side of the altar, and was always indicative of a sin offering or a peace offering unto Holy God. The sprinkled blood was to cleanse all of the vessels that were to be used in the service of the Lord, and applied to all the covenant people and the earthly Tabernacle. (See Hebrews 9 verse 18 thru 22.) Even so, we are to have the tabernacle of our soul and spirit sprinkled with the Blood of Jesus Christ, cleansing our consciences from evil thoughts and the defiling works of the flesh. This is My Blood of the New Covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sin. (Matthew 26 verse 28.)
The 'many'; are those that have already entered into the New Covenant with the Lord. This beginning of new Life for a person, began with their initial repentance and confession of faith, that is made public with their baptismal washing into the Water of the Spirit, and now the old past is washed away, and behold all things are made new. With the grace of God in Christ Jesus, we have a new beginning faith in the Life within the Living Body of Christ our Savior. Then again to live, the natural body needs the continuing life flow of the blood to nurture our being and cleanse us of the waste of the flesh; and now our new Life in the Body of Christ is in the Living Blood that flows as One with the Holy Spirit of Christ Jesus.
Let's review these passages in Hebrews chapter 10 verse 19 thru 22, and make a list of several, reasonable and spiritual observations.
1. The Lord Jesus, by His Word at the Passover Seder of Unleavened Bread, inaugurated a new and living remembrance of the New Covenant in His Flesh and Blood. Jesus, the Son of Man, took [unleavened] bread and blessed it, and broke it, giving it to His Disciples, and said: Take and eat, for this is My Body given for you. (Unless you eat of the Flesh of the Son of Man and drink His Blood you have no life within you). And He took the Cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them saying: "All of you drink of it: For this is My Blood of the New Covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins". (See Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.) It is at this time at the Passover Feast of Unleavened Bread, and this time only that the WORD of GOD establishes Holy God's promised eternal Covenant with man. The old inferior covenant was in the blood of animals, but now, the Everlasting Covenant is in the shed Blood of the Soul and Spirit of a Man of perfect Love and Righteousness, in the likeness of His Father God. Jesus Christ is the Lord our Righteousness.
2. Certainly, we, as individuals that are abiding in true faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, are all thankful that God has granted to us so great a Salvation within His Son. But each individual is saved as a living member into the greater Body of Jesus Christ, being members one of another. With the initial serum water baptism into Jesus death and resurrection, it is no longer I, the individual who lives, but Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit Who lives within my redeemed soul, as well as that of my brothers and sisters in the Lord. (See Galatians 2 verse 20.) While I yet exist in this corruptible flesh, the old idolatrous (me, myself and I) is being put to death through the sanctifying covenant Life Blood of Jesus Christ, which was poured out upon this earth for all the sins of earthly sinners. Now through the Holy Spirit the Blood of Jesus Christ is a wellspring of Life provided within the Cup of Salvation which we drink from, to be the continuing renewal of the Life of Christ for God's New Covenant people. (See 1st Corinthians 10 verse 16 thru 17.)
3. This scripture in Hebrews also speaks of the plurality of the church body such as, 'brethren', 'us', 'our hearts', 'our bodies washed', as in a collective unity called the 'House of God', or the 'Body of Jesus Christ'. For through Him (Jesus/Yeshua), we both (Jew and Gentile alike) have access by One Spirit unto the Father. Now therefore you are no more strangers and foreigner, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God. Because of the unity of the one Body; the eye of the body cannot say to the ear of the body, you are not part of me because you cannot see.
4. The Lord God has called us to worship Him in Spirit and in Truth, which in the essence of Godly faith, is with a true undivided heart of Agapao/Love like unto God's Son, Jesus our Lord. That which is unseen within our gift of faith, holds the substance of Truth to be self-evident in our hearts, for Jesus Christ being the Word of God is the Personification of Truth, and One with the Father's Perfect sacrificial Love. The Word of Truth establishes that Holy Communion through the unseen dimensions of Christ's Flesh and Blood is One with God's Holy Spirit of Truth, and the Faith of Christ is our beginning entrance into true corporate worship of the Eternal God and Father of all the redeemed.
5. The baptized into the Faith of Christ, being parts of the One Body of Christ Jesus, are to be partakers of the Communion unleavened Bread of Life where there is no division, but only the wholeness of unity within the Spirit of the Lord. But before we can come with holiness through the one Body of Jesus Christ into the presence of our Holy, Holy, Holy Father God, then it is necessary that each individual member, examined themselves with a heart of humility that will speak of repentance from our thought and acts of self centeredness. Then we are to show our total dependence upon Christ as we all drink together in renewing Faith in the cleansing essence that is in the New Covenant Communion Blood of our Savior and Lord. The Holy Spirit, being One with the Water and the Life Blood of our Savior, applies to our repentant hearts the cleansing power of the grace of God's Sacrificial Love. The Holy Life of the Son of God, which is in the Spirit of His Blood that we drink of, is the Soul and the Spirit of Jesus Christ, the very Life force of the corporate Body of Jesus. As it is written: Except you eat the Flesh of the Son of Man and drink His Blood you have no Life in you. He that eats My Flesh, and drinks My Blood, dwells in Me and I in him. As the Living Father has sent Me, (The True Bread) and I live by the Father, so he that eats of Me, even he shall live by Me. This is the Bread that came down from heaven. (See John 6 verse 53 thru 58.) No flesh shall glory in God's Holy Presence, for the flesh of man is full of its own self idolatry. The sinful flesh of the natural man is put away from God with the sprinkling of the Communion Blood of Christ Jesus by the Holy Spirit of God. There is only those souls, born of the Spirit of the Son of God and seek to worship God in Spirit and Truth that would be found in the Presence of Holy God, the Almighty.
6. It is the Blood that makes atonement for the soul. The author of Hebrews in the beginning of the 10th chapter states, that the Law (Torah) having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things could never make the comer perfect. In the original covenant with Israel, God was desiring to see genuine repentance of the people for their sins, then their consciences would be relieved through their association with the sacrifice of the lifeblood of animals. Even though the animals were unwilling participants and of a lower order than that of the offenders, the specified performance of the bloody sacrifice was established by God as a temporary atonement for violations of the legal covenant, there by maintaining Israel's relationship with the Eternal God. See then, it is evident that the blood of animals could never obliterate the sin of mankind. But now God looks at the heart of His people through the Fellowship Blood of the Highest Order, that being His beloved Eternal Son. Jesus Christ came willingly in the Love of His Father to be a perfect sacrifice for the sin's of all of humanity in the flesh of Man that was prepared for Him. (See Hebrews 10 verse 4 thru 9.) Jesus, as the Son of God, was of the highest ascendant order, for there is no other God, and only His supreme sacrifice as the incarnate Son of Man/Adam would satisfy the offenses of mankind against their Infinite Creator. It took the sacrifice of one of infinitely esteemed value to satisfy humanity's affront to the Infinite holiness of God Almighty, once, and for all. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, (once for all) so that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting Life. This is the sinless Christ Jesus, made a High Priest after the order of Malchizedek having an endless life, and not after the order of the law of the Levitical priesthood, consisting of the generational sons of Aaron, who with the people could never, through their endless daily animal sacrifices by the law, bring an end to their ingrained self idolatrous and sinful nature begetting death. (See Exodus 28 verse 1 and 29 verse 44.) Christ Jesus (Messiah Yeshuah), alone, is humanity's Savior and High Priest without sin. It is He alone, Who is risen on high that intercedes for His people of faith beyond the veil of the heavenly Holiest Place, even the veil of His sanctified Flesh; and through the Spirit of His Holy Life Blood, He brings His people within the glorified Body of Himself into the Holy of Holies and into the Presence of His Holy Father God. Wherefore the scriptures say: So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many: and unto them that look for Him shall He appear the second time without sin unto Salvation. (Hebrews 9 verse 28.) Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin. (Hebrews 10 verse 18.)
7. In Holy Communion, the anamnesis (remembrance) of the Infinite New Covenant set in the Blood of God's Son is again sprinkled on the hearts of New Covenant believers through the Holy Spirit, Who is One with the Holy Blood and the Water of the perfect sacrifice of Jesus Christ. That perfection is a gift that only comes by the sacrificial Love of God's Perfect Son, Jesus Christ, Who was born the incarnate Son of Man to take away the sins of the world. For the believer, Holy Communion is a continuing renewal of that person's repentance and faith, so that they may have in remembrance a comfortable sense of God's faithfulness in pardoning our sins even of yesterday and today. Because of our faith in the Communion Body and redeeming Blood of our High Priest Jesus Christ, we can have full assurance of our entrance through the veil of His Flesh into the Holy of Holies. This is the Place of God's heavenly Sanctuary, where all the priestly children of God in Christ, come to worship Holy Father God in the Agape of the Son, and to present our prayers of intersession that will glorify the Almighty God. It is here that we can expect to receive from the Father's holy will and council for the Church, for it is the Father's good pleasure to give His chosen the Kingdom of His Heart.
Note: The subject matter in both Hebrew's 9 and 10 concerns the sprinkling of the Blood of the Covenant and more specifically to the New Covenant in the Blood of Jesus Christ. So that there is no mistaking this fact, I added the notation (with His Blood). If the reader has clicked on the yellow highlighted link for "sprinkled" then you will see that in every case that it was blood that was sprinkled on everything and everyone that was to be separated unto God. (See Hebrews 9 verse 19.) The water of separation was a preparation from the combined ashes of a red heifer, cedar wood, hyssop and scarlet, and was a purification for sin and those associated with death. At the appropriate time of purification, then running water was added to the combined ashes of the red heifer, cedar wood, hyssop and scarlet, and sprinkled on anyone who was associated with death. Observing with interest, we see Paul as he cries out: Who shall save me from this body of death.
The Blood of Jesus Christ our Savior, with the washing in the Water of the Word through the Fountain of God's Holy Spirit more than satisfies all of the laws requirements of purification for the thoughts of the human heart that abides within the soul that is separated unto the Lord. For how much more shall the Blood of Jesus Christ, who through the Eternal Spirit offered Himself with out fault to God, purge your conscience from dead works (animal sacrifices for sin) to serve the living God? (See Hebrews 9 verse 11 thru 15.)
Prior to the Lord Jesus' brutal crucifixion, passion and death, the Lord, in anticipation and in accord with His Father's doctrine, inaugurated or dedicated for His people of living faith, His Table of Covenant Remembrance of His passion and death that He would suffer for humanity's sin. At the Lord's Table, through the Holy Spirit of Grace, Christ's real Blood of the Covenant covers over our recent sins and omissions attributed to the nature of fallen flesh. It is vitally important to understand that the New Covenant, in the Blood of Jesus Christ, was consecrated in His Soul by that which was thought and spoken by the WORD of GOD, even before the first drop of blood flowed from the pierced Body of the Christ of God. He was the Lamb of God that was slain from before the foundation of the world. In His crucifixion and while His Life Blood was being poured out of His Body unto the ground, the Lord said, "It is finished" and bowed His head and gave up His Spirit. Then the soldiers came, and one of them pierced His side and out flowed onto the earth, the balance of the Serum Water and the Blood that had pooled in the Lord's thoracic cavity. God's signature was thereby established in the earth, with God's New Covenant signed in the Blood of His Son. When the Lord Jesus arose from the dead in power through God's Holy Spirit, He returned to His Holy Father, confirming in the Power of His resurrection that His Father's New Covenant in His Blood was eternally active in the earth, and God's Holy Spirit, One with the Son of God and Son of Man, could now be sent to faithful believers, reproving them of sin and cleansing them by the Life Blood of God Almighty's Son, Yeshuah/Jesus, that was poured out for the sins of the world.
Therefore, in God's Covenant of peace, we may have confidence in God's provisions in Holy Communion, that we have this New and Living Way through the Body of Jesus Christ, whereby the Lord through His Spirit gathers His followers all together in the embrace of His loving arms, and sets at naught the infidelities of their flesh by His sanctifying Blood. Witness again that Jesus said unto all: "I AM the Light of the world: they that follow Me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the Light of Life". (John 8 verse 12.) The Word of our Lord and God is not darkness to those who walk within Him in faith, but is full of His Eternal Light, where there is no shadow of turning for those who remain in Christ Jesus. If we are blinded by the Light of His Word, then we are standing away from Him, and not in Him, but are needing to call to Him so that He would take our hand and guide us in His Way. With His faith, wherever He leads, we will follow. Father the hour is come: Glorify Thy Son, that Thy Son also may glorify Thee: As Thou hast given Him power over all flesh, that He should give Eternal Life to as many as Thou hast given Him. (See John 17 verse 1 thru 8.)
Now is the time for the Bride to ready herself, and to have a foretaste of that Eternal Life of Jesus Christ through the regenerating Life Blood and Body of our Savior. For when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared, He saved us—not by works of righteousness that we had done, but according to His mercy, through the washing of regeneration and renewal by the Holy Spirit. He poured out this Spirit on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior: (Please see confirming Scripture text in HCSB.) So then, the foretaste begins with the washing and regeneration of the Word of the Spirit with the Serum flow of Water always carrying us to the altar of repentance, where at the Cross of Jesus Christ, we see our sins of death, crucified to the One Who holds the Keys of hell and death. And behold Jesus says: I AM He that lives, and was dead; and I AM alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death. Our God of the living, is holding the keys to eternity, and gives the believers an invitation through fellowship in His Body and Blood, to pass over our earthly existence into the fullness of the one Holy Faith of God's Spirit of Grace, taking us into God's Holy Presence. The Church Body, being in attendance to worship Holy Father God Almighty in Spirit and Truth, is brought to Life by the active cleansing Serum Water from the Fountain of Life, Being the Holy Spirit of the Word of God. The Word that is faithfully preached, is to make ready the people of God to begin their entrance to God's Throne Room of Grace, through the New Living Way, through the Bread of Life and the New Covenant Blood of Jesus.
Our God, Jehovah-Jireh, will provide in Holy Communion, through His Holy Spirit of Grace, the unfathomable dimensions of Jesus' Body and the New Covenant in His Holy Life Blood that cleanses all believers from their confessed unrighteousness in the flesh, and covers with God's Love the unknowns of self centered idolatry. Now then, having been brought together, as a collective in the one Body of Christ through the Bread of Life, and nurtured in the bonds of love and peace in the Holy Ghost, the covenant Bride would enter into the Holy of Holies through the veil of the flesh of Jesus Christ, where the Holy Spirit would continue to lead His people into the presence of Holy Father Almighty. For, this is Life eternal that they might know Thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, Whom Thou hast sent. (John 17 verse 3.) Ideally, this is the spiritual time and place where true corporate worship with thanksgiving and praise of God should be initiated. This is the place where our collective hearts are brought into a truer intimacy with the God of Creation; the One and only true God, Who is unfathomable Love, and the One Who knows the heart best. If the ideal is not possible because of unbelief and blatant doctrinal errors in a church, then perhaps it is even better for the two or more of the redeemed within a home gathering that they should come together within the Body of Christ, accepting gratefully God's eternal Bread Offering of His Son and His sanctifying Blood given by God's Holy Spirit.
The entrance into the extra-dimensional kingdom of the only true God and into His Glorious Presence, is close at hand for all the faithful communicants. But how is it, that even in the liturgical communions, just when the house of God would be arriving into the Holy of Holies, and into the Father's Holy presence, the service is dismissed, the congregation does an about face, and out the door they go? Who is it that waits upon the Father in worship, and waits in anticipation upon hearing of His Good Will? So then, is Communion in these churches to be a perfunctory ritual; or a true searching to know better the Heart and Love of God?
Unfortunately, Communion in so many churches can be entrenched in a dogmatic ritual as a necessary duty of the institution, rather than a true act of bonded Love with Thanksgiving for what the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ has given to us of His Holy Spirit. Without the Faith of the Spirit it is impossible to please God. Now because of un-confessed sin born of idolatry, idolatry combined with heresy, heresy rooted in the pride of false teachers, there will be few who really enter into a fuller expectancy and understanding of the absolute Holiness of the moment, thereby anticipating a greater intimacy within the waiting heart of Holy Father God Almighty.
God does not respond, because the hearts of the people are buried in their own flesh. But in a time past, the Lord says: If My people, which are called by My Name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. Now Mine eyes shall be open, and Mine ears attentive unto the prayer that is made in this place. (2nd Chronicles 7 verse 14.) As Holy Yahweh God Almighty spoke to His Jewish people at that time, so He continues to speak to all of His New Covenant People, Jew and Gentile alike. God's Words of repentance to His ecclesia holds True in any time frame!
In 1852, the Presbyterian teacher John M. Mason in his letters on frequent Communion, volume 1, writes: "It is by no means improbable, that the restoration of scriptural Communions, may usher in a time of refreshing from the presence of the Lord. It has just been shown, that no mean will more effectually conduce to the revival of love; and with the grace of love every other grace flourishes. In that sweet confidence and endearment, which are inseparable from it, believers strengthen each other's faith; and are helpers of each other's joy; nor is there, in the whole circle of social graces and duties, any which the Lord more delighteth to honor. Beside, the nearer a church approaches in her worship to the institutions of the Lord Jesus, the more solid ground has she to implore and to expect his countenance".
But generally, as far as the non-liturgical Protestants are concerned, the thought of the spiritual Communion possibility, with God's Glory being exhibited, and His Holiness being spiritually discerned among His people, has never entered their collective minds, and currently would be impossible with the irrelevancy that is placed on Communion. The evangelical Protestants have deemed their doctrines, with the exclusion of the holiness of Communion, as being self sufficient in finished sanctification. But, it is written that no flesh shall glory in the presence of God, (See 1st Corinthians 1 verse 29.) thus, those in the flesh, void of repentance, and without the sprinkling of the Blood of the Lamb of God, will stand without in the outer court, excluded from the potential glory of the moment. Revival of the dead in sin, even those in unbelief, awaits their humility and confession. But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in Spirit and in Truth: For the Father seeks such to worship Him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. (John 4 verse 23 thru 24.) In the Holiest Place of God, the angels cry out Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord of host: The whole earth is full of His glory. Isaiah sees himself as a dead man in the presence of the Lord, until the Lord sees to it, that Isaiah's iniquity and sins of his heart and spirit, have been purged from him by the hot coal placed on his lips: (See Isaiah 6 verse 3 thru 7,). For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. To make it clear for all of us, our sins as well as our blasé attitude prevents that which is possible with Holy, Holy, Holy God. (See Acts 2 verse 1 thru 4 and verse 42 thru 43.) Without repentance from the selfish works of the flesh, along with our expectant faith in the cleansing Blood of the New Covenant, then the divisive nature and demands of our flesh will prevent the Spirit of God's Holiness, and His Glory to be manifested among all His people. The unanswered prayers of God's people are waiting upon the people's repentance.
First you must believe or it is not faith, but vanity at work! Unfettered Faith in the Holy WORD of Jesus Christ is the prerequisite attribute, before the Glory of God will be revealed among His people. Secondly, repentance is of the highest order. Lastly, we must be clothed in Jesus Christ, and wait with a greater expectation for answered prayer from the only true God, Who can do abundantly more than we can ask. God honors faith in Him, and certainly not the faithlessness of the first Adam. Again Holy Scripture bears witness to these essentials: And He did not many mighty works there, because of their unbelief. (Matthew 13 verse 57 thru 58.) And now in faith's expectancy to holy prayer within the Name of Yeshua, we must wait on the Lord's grace and the refreshing Wind of His Spirit: For those who wait on the Lord, shall renew their strength; they shall mount up on wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. (For fuller context see Isaiah 40 verse 31.)
Thus God, determining to show more abundantly to the heirs of promise, the immutability of His counsel, confirmed it by an oath, that by two immutable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we might have strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold of the hope set before us. This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which enters the Presence behind the veil, where the forerunner has entered for us, even Jesus, having become High Priest forever, according to the order of Melchizedek. (Hebrews 6 verse 17 thru 20 NKJV.)
To proceed to the next chapter, please click on .